For the next 30 days, I’ll be sharing the how-to for maximizing your performance if you can solely focus on your ‘diet’. Let’s face it, the word diet is the elephant in the room.
Some have a negative association so we are going to call it a lifestyle instead. To me, diet is not good or bad. It is just so.
If you have followed my biohacking journey, you know that I struggled with severe nodulocystic acne for 10 years and by changing my diet wiped it up in 4 weeks.
For the next 30 days, I’m planning to share that same diet with you. You can follow it and the total investment including the grocery and quantitative testing is around $600. The most affordable maintenance cost for grocery shopping using this lifestyle is around $160 every month after.
Your energy will be the highest it has ever been so you will make your money back and possibly 10x MORE.
I get it that hacking skin issues may not be your priority right now and the same exact lifestyle helped me also increase my deadlifts by 215LBs.
As always, before starting a new diet, supplement, routine consult your local functional medicine doctor. If you have type 1 diabetes you need more attention
Let’s talk about some of the most frequently asked questions before trying out the Ketosis state.
- Is it ok if I’m a vegetarian? Yes.
- Can I have cheat meals, zig zags, cheat days or cheat weeks! in the first 30 days into the program? Resounding NO.
- A similar question to the above is that: “Can I kinda do what you tell me to do?” No.
- Does your age matter? For the first month, NO.
- I’m an athlete. Is it going to affect my performance? Yes, and you will have much higher performance.
- Should I be doing this if I’m competing for bodybuilding? That’s a trick question as I made this article for business owners.
- Can I add weight while on Keto? Yes. I do.
- Is Ketogenic lifestyle sustainable? Yes. I’ve been on it for couple years. Some of my colleagues have been on it 20+ years.
- Is this going to be really hard? I think it’s really hard not to be on this lifestyle.
- Is Ketosis dangerous? Ketoacidosis is. The difference is 1–3 milli molars and 20 milli molars.
- Do I have to be taking under 25g of Carbohydrate for the rest of my life? No. I can take up to 70g of Carbohydrate and maintain my ketosis.
- Is butter in saturated fat going to give me a heart attack? NO. Not being on this lifestyle can lead to all sorts of metabolic diseases (cancer, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases etc).
- Can I eat fruit and dairy during the first 30 days? NO.
- Is this a balanced lifestyle? YES. High performance becomes your new balance (standard)
- Do You believe in cookie cutter diets? NO. You will see how this lifestyle is not cookie cutter at all.
Having worked with clients who lived under poverty zone (startups) up to 8 figure business owners, I have gathered the most affordable grocery shopping list for you.
The most affordable shopping list is not the most recommended shopping list. However, it is safe and a sustainable one.
Of course, by all means, buy the most organic product, you can get your hands off when you can afford it.
As a business owner, you may not want to do your grocery shopping. Also, sometimes not wanting to drive up to your local store may hold you back in following your plan.
You can use the following link to get $10 off your first order with InstaCart. This way you can just order everything you need from any local stores delivered inside fridge (not just house).
If Instacart is not available where you live, let me know and I’d be happy to find an alternative for you.
- Tnuva Feta Sheep Cheese $7.39
- Wild Planet Wild Pacific Sardines In Extra Virgin Olive Oil $12.19
- Large Eggs — USDA Grade AA $8.59
- *Kirkland Signature Sirloin Beef Patties $21.99
- Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter $9.39
- Kraft Philadelphia Regular Cream Cheese Spread $9.79
- Horizon Organic Heavy Whipping Cream $12.09
- Bertolli Organic Olive Oil Basil & Garlic Sauce $10.99
- Kirkland Signature Organic Virgin Coconut Oil $23.19
- Giant Food Rainbow Bell Peppers $6.69
- Eat Smart Broccoli Florettes $3.69
- Artisan Romaine Hearts $4.09
- (optional) Nutiva Nautical Organic Chia Seed $9.19
*I prefer you buy grass fed and finish meat when you can afford it. Check out THIS POST to understand the difference between grass fed and grain fed meat.
**For 30 days you can get away with almost anything e.g. eating one Tnuva Feta Sheep Cheese $7.39/ day to cover your protein intake. Do it only if you have to.
In the course of next 30 days, I guarantee you will see a positive change in your biomarkers. Don’t take my word for it and measure it.
I want you to consider taking a High Performance $299 test with InsideTracker. You can use the code ARVIN10 to get 10% discount.
If you don’t measure where you are right now, how on earth are you going to know qualitatively you improved in 30 days?
Also, consider purchasing a Ketonix Breathalyzer to measure your ketones along the way. You will be using this once first thing in the morning and once the last thing before bed.
The reason I want you to measure ketosis is discussed here on my Instagram post in nausea.
If you want to watch your weight too, measure it 7 days a week and take an average of it.
Answer the following questions for yourself on a scale of 1 to 10.
- Do I feel more energetic throughout the day?
- Do I think quicker and have the mental sharpness?
- Do I feel satiated all day?
- EAS 100% Protein Shake: ONLY if you need it for saving time or hitting your protein quota.
- Tones Chicken Bouillon Cubes: 1–2/ day
- Vitamin D3 Life Extension 5000 IU: 1/day
- Ashwaganda Swanson 450mg: 1/day
- Calcium Citrate Douglas Laboratories 250mg: 1–4/day
- Lugol’s Solution 2%: 1 drop/day (especially for females)
- KAL — Magnesium Glycinate 400mg: 2/day
- Triple Strength Fish Oil Omega-3 Gold 2100mg: 2 softgels/day
If you have questions about the timing of each supplement definitely ask.
All the supplements I take and recommend are tested by a private company that I pay them to independently test what’s in each product. I’m obsessed with figuring out what really is in each supplement. That’s important as for the dosage and also safety.
As time goes by, I may update the brands mentioned by better ones (if applicable).
The total investment for the next 30 days (including food and testing) is around $600.
For those of you who need extra accountability from your peers or you just want your specific questions answered you can join our FREE Facebook Group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/watchandweight30/
Once you joined:
1_ Introduce yourself so you connect with others (BE NICE!)
2_You are welcome to post your before pictures as an added measure of accountability
3_Let us know what your measurable goals are because we have a SCORE BOARD
4_Let us KNOW what your most favorite song is so we can add it to the WW30 Playlist.
FYI: Clients have found it easier to start this program over a weekend (not the good ol’ NEXT MONDAY!). This way you get to
In the next article, I’ll discuss the benefits of Ketosis for your biomarkers, how to bypass Ketoflu, pitfalls for never becoming Keto adapted and why saturated fat is good for you.